The Short Term Rental Agreement outlines the terms and conditions between the Renter (such Renter and Renter Information to be identified in Part B of this Agreement) and Owner, or Owner’s Agent, (hereinafter referred to as “Owner”) for the purpose of renting a County Vacation property, (referred to interchangeably as “Property” or “Premises”).
The Short Term Rental Agreement is made of two parts, Part A and Part B.
Part A is the general agreement for all vacation rental properties listing with County Vacation. Part B outlines the special terms pertaining specifically to the Vacation Property.
Part A: Short Term Rental Agreement – General Terms and Conditions for All Vacation Properties
- Owner will be responsible for cleaning of the Property prior to the Renter’s arrival and after the Renter’s departure. Renter is asked to tidy Premises before departure including washing all dirty dishes and glasses, cleaning the BBQ grill, and removing bottles and excessive garbage indoors and outdoors. Failure to do so will result in additional charges.
- Rental Fee is payable by credit card or by personal cheque.
- For bookings more than six weeks prior to commencement of the rental period, the Rental Fee Balance and Damage Deposit is payable by a pre-authorized credit card or post-dated cheque and must be provided at the same time as the Rental Fee Deposit. Payment is processed in two instalments. The Rental Fee is processed at the time of booking. The Rental Fee Balance payment is processed six weeks prior to the commencement of the rental.
- For bookings less than six weeks prior to arrival, the full rental fee payment is processed immediately. The damage deposit is only processed if there are damages to the property during the Renter’s stay.
- Upon processing of the Rental Fee Balance and receipt of the Damage Deposit, the Renter will be contacted by the Owner regarding the address and arrangements to obtain the key to the Premises.
- Upon inspection by the Owner, at the termination of the Rental Period and assuming that there are no damages to the Property or additional charges as a result of the Renter’s actions or activities, in such case as the Damage Deposit is a cheque, such cheque will be returned by Owner to the Renter or, in the case of a credit card security Pre-authorization, such pre-authorization will expire 14 business days following the Renter’s departure.
- If, upon inspection by the Owner, there are damages to the Property, the Renter agrees to pay for any damages to the Premises and Property, including but not limited to, furnishings and household items, which occur as a result of the Renter’s occupancy. Damages will not include normal wear and use. This fee will be deducted from the damage deposit and forwarded to the Owner. The amount refunded will be determined solely by the Owner.
- If the Owner discovers that the number of people staying at the Property exceeds the maximum number of people stated in this agreement, or if smoking occurs inside the Premises, or a pet has stayed in the property where pet(s) are not allowed or where arrangements were not made during booking, a fee will be deducted from the Damage Deposit and forwarded to the Owner. The amount refunded will be determined solely by the Owner.
- The Renter may not sublet or transfer this agreement without written consent of the Owner.
- The Owner or Owner designated agent may enter the Premises at any reasonable time, with or without notice, for the purpose of making repairs and inspections.
- If the Renter violates any of the conditions of this agreement or limitations as outlined in this agreement, the Owner may terminate this agreement and enter the Premises by force or statutory proceedings in which case any moneys paid by the Renter will be forfeited by the Renter as liquidated damages.
- The Owner shall not be held liable or be responsible for any accident or injuries occurring to the Renter or guests of Renter on his Property or Premises.
- The Renter must be present at all times while guests are on the rental Property.
- The Renter hereby agrees to reimburse the Owner for any penalty that may be imposed on the Owner by any court by reason of any violation upon the Premises through fault of the Renter herein, his/her family members or guests. Such reimbursement shall be made within seven business days of written notification by the Owner.
- The Renter waives any and all security provisions.
- The Renter certifies that s/he has carefully read the limitations the Owner has set forth on this contract, including limitations on the number of persons permitted to occupy the Premises, and agrees that if specified limitations are exceeded without the written consent of the Owner, the Owner shall have the right to cancel this Agreement. In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel this Agreement as provided for in this clause, any moneys paid by the Renter will be forfeited as liquidated damages.
- Renter agrees to comply with the following TERMS AND RENTAL CONDITIONS affecting the area and rental Premises:
- Smoking is restricted to the outdoors. Renter agrees to clean up all cigarette/cigar ash and remains.
- Garments, towels and wet bathing suits are to be hung on the lines provided.
- Occupancy of the premises shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful so as not to disturb residents and their guests in the neighbourhood.
- All guests must wear life jackets when using boat or water vessels provided by the Owner. Guests are responsible for providing their own life jackets. Children near or in the water under 16 years of age should be supervised by an adult.
- In the event the Premises is unavailable for occupancy by reason of a casualty loss, including damage to the Premises resulting from lightning, rain, flood or other natural disasters, then the Owner shall return to the Renter all amounts paid by the Renter, or the pro-rated amount owing, should the Renter already occupy the premises, and the Renter shall have no further recourse against the Owner.
- If the Renter cancels this Agreement in excess of six weeks prior to the commencement of the rental, the Renter’s deposit will be refunded less a $100.00 cancellation fee. If the Renter cancels this Agreement six weeks or less from the commencement date of the rental, the Renter agrees that the full rental deposit will be retained by the Owner as compensation for the period of time that the Premises have been withheld from the rental market. The Owner agrees to endeavour to rebook that period and if successful the full rental deposit (minus the $100 fee) will be refunded to the Renter.